These links are for exploring different views on birthing and do not necessarily reflect the views of the authors of this web site. Please refer to your midwife or health care provider for their views.
OPTIMAL FETAL POSITIONING
Here is a spinning babies web site that may help you get and keep the baby in an optimal position for birth : www.spinningbabies.com
Breastfeeding Links: These are excellent sites for evidence based information
- Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (www.motherfriendly.org) Provides information and tools related to mother-friendly maternity care.
- DONA International (www.dona.org) Answers common questions about the role of doulas in labor, birth, and the postpartum period and provides an interactive doula-locator tool.
- La Leche League International (www.lalecheleague.org) Offers a large repository of breastfeeding information and advice, as well as a meeting locator.
- Mothering Magazine Online (www.mothering.com) Provides the largest online community dedicated to natural pregnancy and parenting, including a forum for childbirth educators and other birth professionals.
- MyMidwife.org (www.mymidwife.org) A consumer-oriented site from the American College of Nurse-Midwives; provides articles and downloadable handouts on a variety of pregnancy and birth topic.